Locals Header Header Right

Chapter 54 Meeting Notes: June 2013

Minutes of the monthly meetings are provided here for the convenience of those unable to attend the meetings, and are not to be considered official Chapter records. Only those documents produced and retained by the Chapter Secretary are official. Minutes are posted in the month that they are taken, not the month that they are read and approved. The list of those present is inclusive, and may include non-members and guests.

Chapter 54 Meeting Minutes: June 13, 2013

Date: June 13, 2013

Time: 1:00 PM

Location: WHRO Studios, Norfolk, VA

The meeting called to order at 1:10 PM by Chairman Ray Lenz.


May Meeting Minutes were read by Secretary Billy Harrison.

Committee Reports(s):

Treasurer's Report was give by Kimberly Beeman, Treasurer
Disbursements and receipts:
The meeting for the month of May, held on the 9th was sponsored and lunch was paid for
directly by Cindy Edwards of Broadcasters General Store. A check card purchase in the
amount of $20.46 was made from Food Lion for drinks for the SBE meetings.
Balance in Chapter Accounts:
Checking: $3,069.73
Petty Cash: $269.05
Total Chapter Assets: $3,338.78

SBE National: National Treasure 50th anniversary in 2014 in Indianapolis.

Webinars: RF Safety on June 24th

EAS: Nothing to report.

Certification: Nothing to report.

Frequency Coordination: Nothing to report.

Web: Nothing to report.

Membership: Nothing to report.

New Business: Richard Sift thanked the chapter for the speakers who are coming to WFOS in Chesapeake.
The Richmond chapter is restarting their SBE Chapter. Meetings will be 2nd Thursday of each month in the evening.

Program: Al Karnack of JVC presented new line of cameras. The 6000 series are capable of recording full HD on SD cards

Upcoming Programs:
At the July 11th meeting, Steve Lewis of HA Design Group will be the program. He will talk about Broadcast Software
on Commodity Hardware. We also are hoping for a report on the NPR Rebuild as HA Design Group was involved in that.

On August 8th, we will have Carl Davis of ERI. He will talk about tower dismantling

Meeting was adjourned at 2:35PM

Copyright - © 1999-2013, www.SBE54.org , ALL RIGHTS RESERVED . . . Last Updated: 6/18/2013